The Belgian Laekenois will achieve AKC Full Recognition on 1 July 2020.
ABLA Welcomes you to join the fun!
Join ABLA Today!
Interested in Membership?
The Benefits of ABLA membership are the ability to connect with other Laekenois minded people, the opportunity to assist with ABLA sponsored events, receiving first the news of competitions and events sponsored by the club, including the National Specialty and Quarterly editions of The Laekenwire Magazine.
New Membership Applications require sponsorship from two (2) ABLA members in good standing. Please fill out the application form below. Online Payment is available at the bottom of this page for new applications as well as renewals for current members.
ABLA requests that all members, new applicants and current members fill out the form below before processing online payments, as this way we are able to update information for the current membership year. There is a $2 transaction processing fee for online membership payments.
NEW MEMBERSHIP PROCESS
- Submit your completed form below
- Submit payment below
- Follow Up with the 2 Members in Good Standing to submit sponsorship via email or signed form
- Your Name will be published in the Laekenwire for the current membership to review and then the Board will vote on the membership once the Laekenwire has been published. This process can take up to 3 months.
ABLA Membership Form
The American Belgian Laekenois Association, Inc. (ABLA) us an organization committed to the preservation and well being of the Belgian Laekenois Dog Breed, bringing together owners, breeders, and enthusiast of the versatile Belgian Laekenois. ABLA is the American Kennel Club National Parent Club. Among ABLA’s Purposes, obtaining full AKC recognition of the Belgian Laekenois. As such ABLA is eligible to sponsor, and/or sanction conformation, obedience, herding, lure coursing and temperament testing events following all AKC Rules and regulations.
ABLA is also dedicated to the preservation of the working ability of the Belgian Laekenois and interested in education and promotion all aspects of the Belgian Laekenois – including conformation, obedience, herding, temperament, agility and tracking and most importantly responsible breeding.
There shall be four (4) types of memberships open to all persons 18 years or age or older and who are in good standing with the American Kennel Club.
- Regular (Individual) – Enjoys all club privileges including the right to vote and hold office. ($10 annually / $20 – 2 years payable online with credit and debit card)
- Regular Household – Two (2) adult members residing in the same household, each eligible to vote and hold office ($15 annually / $30 – 2 years payable online with credit and debit card)
- Foreign – for those individuals who are not USA residents (or it’s territories and possessions). Shall be entitled to all club privileges except voting and office holding. (Individual ($10 annually / $20 – 2 years payable online with credit and debit card, Household $15 annually / $30 – 2 years payable online with credit and debit card)
- Associate – Entitled to all club privileges and office holding. (Individual ($10 annually / $20 – 2 years payable online with credit and debit card) , (Household $15 annually / $30 – 2 years payable online with credit and debit card)
- Junior – Open to children under 18 years of age, a non-voting/non-office holding membership which may automatically convert to a regular membership at age 18. (No Fee)
If you have any questions please Email Kelly Goodman, Membership Chair
The Mailing Address for Membership Payments made by check made out to “American Belgian Laekenois Association” is: Sheila Walker, ABLA Treasurer 427 POTTS WAY GRANTS PASS, OR 97526
ABLA requires that the form below be completed each year no matter the form of payment.
Credit Card Dues Payment Choose Button Below (includes $2 transaction processing fee)
PLEASE COMPLETE THE ABLA MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION FORM BELOW ALL PAYMENTS REQUIRE THIS FORM SO THAT ABLA CAN KEEP EACH MEMBER’S INFORMATION UP TO DATE.