Below you will find answers to questions that were unanswered in the Webinar due to time constraints.
- What do breeders want us to know about that are special areas of concern for breeders?
As the breed becomes public aware and given the appearance, there is potential for the assumption that this is a breed for everyone. The “Teddy-bear” look can be very appealing. These dogs must have a job, training and socialization or they will find their own venue. Remember, this is an extremely intelligent dog.
- Given the DQ for height, do you find puppies are shown less frequently?
Not necessarily. Responsible owners will ensure that puppies are at least the bottom of the allowable height requirement.
- You say dogs should be stripped or plucked. How much shaping is acceptable since it would be easy to overgroom?
There should not be any shaping or trimming . It is most important that the coat texture and appearance remain coarse and disorderly.
- What are the head planes?
The planes should be parallel.
- How much furnishings on the face is too much?
The eyes must be visible. The furnishing should not inhibit the ability to feel for the chiseled, flat, clean, tight to the head zygomatic arch.